Spirit Week

Senior Jillian Mary(12) and her sister Alex Marty(10) posing for a photo in holiday clothes during spirit week

From Monday, December 7 to Friday, December 11, 2020  spirit week takes place at The Village High School. Throughout this week, students celebrate their school pride by participating in activities related to the school’s sports teams, wearing school colors, and competing in special spirit week contests. Some examples of spirit week activities are face-paint with school colors and a school movie night. 

Student Government planned and designed a holiday spirit week, because we thought it would help improve school spirit and inject more pep into the student body, which we thought was especially needed with midterms on the horizon and stress levels increasing because of it,” said sophomore Divya Khatri, the treasurer of the VHS student body. “We just hoped that students who participated would appreciate the additional element of fun in their weeks”.

Students who participated in spirit week experienced a heightened sense of school spirit on campus. A massive message of appreciation goes out for the students and teachers who took part in the arrangement of spirit week.  The week of midterms is going to be a stressful and challenging time for students. Thus, spirit week has given students a chance to relax and embrace school spirit before that time period.