The Village School’s Add/Drop Policy

The Village School’s Add/Drop Policy

Friday, January 13th marks the end of the add/drop period for the second semester. Add/drop period lets students switch into and out of classes, all students need to do is get signatures from the teachers of the class they are switching out of and the class they are switching to. This is extremely beneficial for students who aren’t enjoying a particular class or need to switch to a higher or lower-level course. For example, a student could switch from HL English to SL English if they are struggling to keep up with the intensity of the HL class. Additionally, students are able to transfer into and out of classes to ensure that they meet their graduation requirements. So if a senior realizes they’re missing a science credit they can switch to a science course to ensure they obtain that credit. Switching out of a class outside of the add/drop period would result in students getting a “W” on their transcript to signify their withdrawal from the course. The add/drop period allows for students to switch out of classes without having it denoted by a “W.”

“I think it’s good because students can try out classes to see if they like them,” said senior Shrey Sahni, who has utilized the add/drop period in previous years, “it allows students to make the right decision when choosing classes rather than sticking with a class they’re not a good fit for the entire year.”