Daily Rundown
The Student News Site of The Village School

The Viking Press

The Viking Press

The Viking Press

Earth Day at The Village School: What is your school doing to help the community?

Village faculty planting a tree. Picture taken by Kristina Roux.

“Millions of trees are seen in rainforests and mountains around the world, and today, The Village School,” said David Randolph, the Managing Director at Village and the speaker at a tree planting on campus today. “Every year on Earth Day we plant trees and break them up all across the high school, middle school, and elementary school,” said Randolph. Throughout all three campuses, science students were brought out – whether they be from IB Environmental Science and Societies or the Greenhouse elective in middle school, students gathered to help plant the trees. Marketing, Heads of School, and students were brought out to celebrate the annual tree planting and witness another year of environmental initiative. This is a tradition planned to continue in the Village School, promoting environmental awareness across all ages and beautifying our community at the same time.