Daily Rundown
The Student News Site of The Village School

The Viking Press

The Viking Press

The Viking Press

Cloud Paint by Glossier – is it worth it?

The Glossier Cloud Paint in the shade “Storm,” photo taken by Val Gaynor

2024 marks the beginning of a new era in makeup. But with all these new trends, latte makeup and coquette makeup,  there are still many which remain relevant. Natural makeup looks have been trending for many years and 2024 is no exception. Cloud Paint by Glossier is a liquid blush that gives the most seamless color for your cheeks, and comes in 10 different shades. It helps to achieve a natural makeup look while being acne-safe.

The product was released in 2017 and is still used often. Compared to many other liquid blushes such as NARS Afterglow Liquid Blush which has a price of $32 with 0.10oz less product, while both products give the same colored glow effect, the price of $22 is fair. 

Cloud Paint helps the wearer avoid wearing makeup that looks heavy or cakey while providing a natural, fresh look. Because the product is buildable meaning that you can layer it for a bolder, vibrant effect, or apply a small amount for a subtle tint. This is vital because it can be adjusted to match the preferences of each user. For example, those who prefer a bolder look and others who may prefer more subtle makeup, can either use more or less depending on the look they would like to achieve. This makes Cloud Paint’s buildable color one of its best qualities. 

Another great thing about the product is the variety in shades. Consumers can pick the perfect shade that best compliments their complexion from a wide range of colors. including warm peaches, deeper berries, and soft pinks. The pigmentation of the shades may appear differently depending on the skin tone, and color. There is a variety of shades for both warm and cool toned complexions. The warmer colors include Beam, Dawn, Spark and Storm, each widely for both bold and subtle looks. The cool tones include: Dusk, Haze, Eve, Puff and 2 new shades: Soar and Wisp. All the shades, whether warm or cool, provide both a natural effect on the skin and a noticeable blush. However, the amount of product that should be used varies depending on the look you are trying to achieve and which blush you are using. This is because every shade provides different levels of pigmentation.

Even though it is a good product, Cloud Paint doesn’t stand out much when compared to other blushes. The formula of Cloud Paint is similar to many other name brands such as the Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush. Not only are they similar formula-wise, but they also give off the same finish and effect on the cheeks. Another thing to note is that Glossier Cloud Paint also has three fewer shades than the Soft Pinch Liquid Blush, meaning that when it comes to shade variety both are good options to obtain the same look. The prices of both products are also quite similar, Rare Beauty’s is $23 and Glossier’s is $22Glossier Cloud Paint gets a 7/10 overall, because users can choose a natural glowy or full glam look, and will be able to achieve it just by using the right amount of the product. However, when it comes down to it there isn’t much that sets this blush apart from others.