Daily Rundown
The Student News Site of The Village School

The Viking Press

The Viking Press

The Viking Press

Bon KBBQ Korean Kuisine

Cooking spicy beef bulgogi (orange on the grill) and LA Galbi (raw meat on the plate and the tan meat on the grill)

Buffet area near the entrance where you grab food to cook, with a Korean style interior

Korean-owned and made, Bon KBBQ is a place to satiate your appetite with something international and meaty. Don’t worry vegetarians, there are a plethora of options for you too. Bon KBBQ, located at, 8338 W Sam Houston Pkwy S Suite 168, Houston, TX 77072, is a place to take the whole family and have fun. Get ready to watch K-Pop with the plethora of TVs that decorate the room and enjoy the glow emanating from the red, white, and blue lighting, mimicking the South Korean flag, across the room.

The restaurant offers a wide range of buffet style food options for their customers. You can choose from traditional Korean dishes, such as LA Galbi (beef short ribs), Bulgolbi (thin marinated slices of meat), Shikeh (cold rice beverage used for digestion), and Kimchi (vegetarian friendly made with vegetables). You can also enjoy vegetarian dishes, such as tofu, cucumber kimchi, salad, beet wraps, edamame, potato salad, watermelon, pineapple, pickled veggies, seaweed, and bean sprouts. Some of the most popular dishes among the customers are LA Galbi and Bulgolbi, Bulgolbi come in beef and pork varieties according to the waiter.

Precooked area of the buffet with spicy and sesame chicken and beef ribs, as well as fried rice and pasta

Feeling hungry now? Well, you’re in luck because Bon KBBQ is open for lunch and dinner from Monday to Friday, as well as dinners only for Saturday and Sunday. The lunch hours are from 11:00am to 3:00pm, and the dinner hours are from 3:00pm to 10:00 pm on weekdays, and from 11:00am to 10:30pm on weekends. For lunch, adults above the age of 10 pay $19.99 per person, children from 5 to 10 pay $12. 99 per person, and children under 4 eat for free. For dinner, adults pay $29.99 per person, children from 5 to 10 pay $15.99 per person, and children under 4 eat for free!!! This is an extremely child friendly restaurant.

Bon KBBQ is a great place to experience the flavors and culture of Korea. You can cook and season your own meat on the grill at your table and sample different side dishes to compliment your main course. Enjoy unlimited refills of food and drink. Bring your family and friends along, as the restaurant has a spacious and comfortable seating area for the whole team. Go see who can eat the most! Overall, Bon KBBQ is a restaurant that will make you feel like you are in Korea without even leaving Houston. So, it evidently deserves a 10/10.