Vikings Go Trunk or Treating

Ananya+Rao+%2812%29%2C+Audrey+Ajakaye+%2812%29%2C+Melissa+Hamada+%2812%29+dressed+as+dinosaur+keepers+and+among+others+Solemei+Scamaroni+%2810%29+was+one+of+the+T-Rexes%2C+in+front+of+the+Viking+Media+bus.+

Ananya Rao (12), Audrey Ajakaye (12), Melissa Hamada (12) dressed as dinosaur keepers and among others Solemei Scamaroni (10) was one of the T-Rexes, in front of the Viking Media bus.

On Friday, October 29, 2021, VSPA, the organizers, and various student organizations of The Village School such as The Viking Press, Mu Alpha Theta and National Honors Society, hosted Trunk or Treat, in which students collected candy from decorated vehicles for Halloween. 

“It was really fun to do something for Halloween since we couldn’t do this last year,” said senior Megan Gunter. High school students attended the event to volunteer while the rest of the Village community was able to appreciate the hard work that teachers and students put into the decorations. The decorations are not only for fun though, as each organization was competing to win the award for the best design and execution. The roars of T-Rexes, warm smiles of dino keepers, and creepy decorations captured the judges attention, earning Viking Media’s Jurassic Park vehicle first place. 

As one of the biggest events The Village School has held since the start of COVID-19, Trunk or Treat was an event that connected students and gave them the treat of enjoying a spooky event.