COVID-19 Vaccination Drive-through: A Beacon of Hope

COVID19 Drive-Through Car Line

On Saturday, April 24, 2021, The Village High School, in partnership with the Texas Vaccine Institute, offered a COVID-19 vaccination drive-through for the school community. Vikings and their families, ages 16 and up, were eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine on the high school campus.  In order to get vaccinated, Village students and their families registered for an appointment between the hours of 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. 

“On average, to get through the facility and drive-through, it takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes,” said Jeff Bond, the Director of Auxiliary Services & Safety Lead, “But the actual check-in and vaccination are like no time at all. So what I did is that you could sign up 10 people every 10 minutes.” 

The COVID-19 vaccination drive-through was successful, with a total of 87 individuals being vaccinated. The drive-through was made possible through the help of volunteers such as VSPA, campus nurses, and the Texas Vaccine Institute. 

“We’re going to provide as many opportunities as possible to make sure that students get vaccinated in a safe, healthy environment,” said Bond. “There are definitely some positive things we’re seeing as more of the city and local areas get vaccinated. I think that getting vaccinated is a step in the right direction.” 

Bond successfully organized the COVID-19 drive-through with the help of the Texas Vaccine Institute, vaccinating as much of The Village School Community as possible. The Village High School is hosting another drive-through even on Saturday, May 15, 2021, for those who have to take their second dose.